Thursday, December 19, 2013

From Alfred Ward... 2013 It's a Wrap! Here Comes 2014!!!

So 2013 is ending well,  I survived a pretty bad car accident after leaving a show a couple weeks ago with no injuries, but it really let me know that I do have to take better care of myself. Over working yourself with little sleep and poor nutrition isn't good for anyone. I can't believe that I'm in my 30's and I'm still trying to convince myself to follow my own advice, sheesh. Outside of that this month has been awesome! For most of the first half of the month I served as the AD/PA/Craft Services/Transportation/AC (Maybe) on a film production with Burning Mirror Films. Honestly I was in waaay over my head but I managed to get though it and not stress out a lot. I can't say that I learned a lot about shooting a film from the cinematographer's point of view, but I do have an appreciation for the planning phase and people/resource management needed to pull something like that off smoothly and I'll be even more ready for the next project.

In stand up all month has been solid. I got to share that stage with Alex Koll in a Fantastic show at Comedy Whatever at the Alchemy Tavern, a great guy and a great comedian. Honestly I'm still just glad to be part of shows, any show headliner or not, you can ask me for 5 minutes or 30 minutes, I don't mind. It's not that I don't think I'm any good, or that I don't care, I just can't believe it. It's all still unreal to me.

Oh yeah I have a show lined up in Huntsville Alabama on 1/10/2014, I lived in that city for over 11 years so it'll be fun to get back up there for a while. If I leave early enough maybe I'll get to stop by Birmingham or sneak away to Nashville as well for a night. That's all wishful thinking for right now, just stay tuned in case it happens and I'll announce it. Hopefully I'll get a couple mini tours together next year and get to hit up a few more stages, then things may become a bit more real to me, until then I'll see you at the open mics!

#GulfCoastComedy #MobileComedy #AlabamaComedy @AlfredWardjokes


 
Steven Street, Mike Honore, Alex Koll, Gov na, Chase Meyers, Me, William Masters (Incognito)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment